Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This and That

Well, life just seems to be clipping along.  Lots of little things.  A couple of big things too like

  • We bought our tickets to go to Michigan for the winter. A little surreal really! We haven't been back to Michigan in 2+ years.  We're just a mix of emotions about it.  On the one hand, we are thrilled to have Christmas with our families for the first time in 2 years, to experience the winter with the boys (I think Forrest is the only one who really remembers snow) and to be with people we dearly love and miss.  On the other hand, we are so sad to miss six month of life here!  We feel like we are just getting into a grove with Church and School, and we have friends and well, life keeps going while we aren't here.  Sigh. This living in two places is hard.

  •  Our weeks are full with all sorts of things.  Last night a young guy Noah has been meeting with came over for dinner and some time with Noah in the Word.  Thursday I haven Moms group, and I will probably be bringing two other moms and their kids with me.  Today Noah has chapels at school, Saturday night he's at Church, and well, yeah, the weeks are full.  And it's a good type of full!

  •  It's a good type of full, but we are still working on the balance for ministry and family.  It's a different pace working with church.  Camp has ebbs and flows, church flows from now until Jesus comes back.  So pray for us, for wisdom for when to say no and when to say yes.


  • Rainy season is at it's height.  We have mostly clear mornings and then the storms come in the afternoon.  Yesterday the boys were zipping in the midst of a cloud.  So strange!

2 comments:

  1. Hi LIz:

    I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the blogr oll on your blog is missing. I had started reading a number of the blogs there and never bookmarked them. In fact, I made a connection with the Gerth's from your blog roll. We both had an affiliation with a Christian camp in Minnesota, where I grew up. I especially liked that it showed the title of the most recent article, so I knew if I had read it or not.

    Do you have any plans of reinstating it?

    I hope you are enjoying your visit with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man!! I did take it down intentionally! I thought no one was using it :) I am so glad you've made connections with the Gerths!! They are such a great family!! I can send you the links if you want :)

      Delete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!